Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Room For Them


Yesterday, I told you about how we moved the girls into a room of their own. Today, I thought I would share with you some photos of their new space. A place to live, sleep and play. With a little effort I think we have created a magic little space for two lovely little girls.



Some of my baby bunting


Fabric hoops. I love making these as they add so much character to any room. Holly picked out the fabrics from my stash.


Jennifer Pudney design needleworks that I made many years ago.


The room is a bit of a challenge, as it also houses an old coal range in the corner making it an interesting shape but the result is this lovely little alcove under the window. A perfect spot to play.


The girls birth samplers, made by their Nana.


And lastly, this cute little pic of Holly 'breastfeeding' her doll. She looks so little in such a big bed, but oh how she loves it. 


11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous room! Such a pretty space, it does look quite whimsy & dreamy, I bet they'll adore it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. that last picture is so precious! i love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes aren't they so sweet doing their 'breastfeeding"? I will be interested to hear how the children go sleeping in their own room. We have a 3 year old and a 1 1/2 year old and we often have 4 in the bed. It's nice in some ways but really pretty uncomfortable. Sofia has her own room but doesn't last in there all night-sometimes only a few hours. Na'uli has a cot in our room but also wakes in the early hours and likes to get in with us. I have wondered about putting them in a room together....hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous room for the girls and I love the netting used as a play area.
    my little miss also breastfeeds her babies, it's so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work with the fabric hoops, great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much fun will they have in this lovely space!?!

    I've just discovered you via Blogtoberfest and so glad that I have...am now also following,

    x Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  7. The room looks wonderful - very creative and inspiring!
    Love the pic of Holly feeding her baby - my little Munchkin does that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that pic of Holly is too cute. I love all your personal touches - the handmade items give a room such warmth and character don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, I just love the breast feeding pic too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet room, airy and light. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so beautiful. Well done you. I hope the girls have many very happy memories in their beautiful handmade room.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I always love reading your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails