Tuesday, October 26, 2010

When Is White Bread Not White Bread?



When is white bread not white bread? When it is really brown bread cunningly disguised as white.


To most people, this may not seem significant, but when you are the mother to a picky eating two year old, this kind of thing can be a bit of a god send. Recently, I discovered Baker's Delight Hi Fibre Lo GI bread. It looks just like regular white bread, making it great for little people who don't like 'bits' in their bread.  The prefect solution for happy kids and a happy Mama! 


Now as most of you who follow my blog know, I am no Goddess in the kitchen. I am usually sadly lacking when it comes to inspiring ideas of the culinary variety but I thought I would share a recipe that is a hit in our house at lunch times-


Cheese Roll Ups
Ingredients:
1 tin of reduced cream
1 packet of dried onion soup mix
250 grams of tasty cheese
2 loaves of Hi Fibre Lo GI bread
Instructions:
Butter one side of each piece of bread.  Mix together the reduced cream, onion soup mix and tasty cheese.  Spread cheese mix on the unbuttered side of the bread.  Roll up and lay it fold side down so that it does not unroll.  Place on a baking tray and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes or until golden brown.





Enjoy!
  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lou, I have just come across your blog while I am blog hopping today. I have a little 6 month old granddaughter named Isla! It's a beautiful name. I went to Flickr to look at your Waldorf doll - she is gorgeous! As I have another granddaughter aged 3, I would love to find out how to make them. I have looked at lots of sites through google, but as yet cant find a website that sells kits or whatever, so I wondered if you might be able to help me please? (I am part of the Friends Swap run by Khris too). I would really appreciate your help, thanks. (I have become a follower too). Bye! Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I always love reading your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails