Chocolate Chip Chickpea cookies
- 1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of Margarine
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I left this out)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Beat sugar and margarine in electric mixer.
- Beat in egg whites and vanilla, then chickpeas and chocolate chips.
- Add flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- Mix on low speed until thick dough forms.
- Drop tablespoons full onto baking tray then flatten with a fork.
- bake for 11-13 minutes until just set.
- place on rack to cool.