Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Procrastination



I should be writing an essay.... instead I am writing here. Quite possibly I am the queen of procrastination when it comes to academic writing!

Going back to university as a post grad student has been interesting. Getting the old grey matter working again has been fun. Juggling a young family with academic study and a job has been a bit more of a  challenge! I can't just take myself off to the library for a day like I did as a carefree undergrad, rather I have to try and fit it all in between the hours of 7pm-10pm. Sometimes I think I must have got a little bit mental thinking I could fit it all in... maybe I have! haha.

Being a post grad student is kinda like being a under grad only you get all the responsibility and stress of study with none of the fun. Because lets face it, motherhood and toga parties really just don't go together.

Honestly though, I have managed to waste the last hour reading everyones lovely blog posts and checking my facebook page. I have successfully wasted most of the evening but alas I  must get back to writing about dyspnea (look that one up and then I am sure you will understand why I am procrastinating!)

3 comments:

  1. Lou!! I've missed you. That blogger conference was cray-cray but you were missed. I appreciate your thoughts on study - I have started a course on top of the work and mothering myself this year - such a juggle, but hugely rewarding too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise !!!
    If there was ONE person I REALLY wanted to meet, to hold my hand as I walked the streets of Christchuch, to hug and to cry with it was YOU xxx
    Ask Nin ^^^ I even asked her all about how you were xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have looked into doing more post grad study several times over the last few years, but didn't take the leap- yet. I really admire you and others who do it. I do the occasional professional/clinical teaching project and find the extra work so hard to fit in, but so rewarding. I'm also thankful it is just for a short defined period of time, when I do it. It makes me realise I'm not ready to take on something bigger and more long term yet. Anyway, I hope you get that essay done. I'm the worst ever procrastinator. Nice to read a post from you again. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I always love reading your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails