Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Light Play


We have discovered a new 'hit' in our house- the light box. Both my girls can spend hours absorbed in creativity on this little box. I bought it a few weeks back, getting a great deal on a local online auction, after being inspired by a lovely blog called Play at Home Mom. Since then, we have come up with all kinds of creative variations, from coloring and tracing to playing with shells and buttons on it.


Holly in particular is a big fan of putting the buttons on it. She sits for long periods arranging the buttons in to patterns and shapes. The other thing she enjoys doing with it is pretending it is a hot stove and cooking on it.

I love watching how their little minds work, how they are able to create this whole world with just a few simple objects. Who would have thought my eclectic button collection could bring hours of joy?

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun thing!!And I totally understand what you said about kids coming uo with ideas of their own. Even I am amazed at how differently my little one looks at certain things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I would love to have one of these....the kids get to use one at Kindy...they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I always love reading your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails